The feature tool of the month is Shots 2005, a quick reference guide to the latest Immunization Schedule. For a full description and download of this tool:
for the Handheld Pocket PC go to http://www.immunizationed.org/anypage.aspx?pagename=shotspocketpc,
and for the Handheld Palm OS go to http://www.immunizationed.org/anypage.aspx?pagename=shotspalm.
Mark Your Calendars for Upcoming eClinician Webcast!!
Title: eClinician Tool of the Month: Update on Immunizations - Back to School
Presented by: Amy Metroka, MSW and Sheila Palevsky, MD, MPH
New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
Co-sponsor: NYC DOHMH, Primary Care Information Project Task Force Date and Time:Monday, August 29, 2005 11:00AM - 1:30PM ET
Click on the link below to register for this live webcast http://www.horizonwimba.com/eventreg/participant/registration.php?eventid=673
Click on the link below to review all the CDN Upcoming Webcast events
- Assign Epocrates to a button on your mobile device to immediately launch your Epocrates application by pressing that button. How?
Handheld Pocket PC Users:
1. Select "Settings" from the Start Menu.
2. Select "Buttons".
3. Decide which button you would like to assign to Epocrates (e.g. "Record" or "iTask") - tap on the button name in the list.
4. Click on the down arrow under "Button assignment:" and select your Epocrates product.
5. Tap "OK".
6. Now, when you click on that button, it will launch your Epocrates application.
Handheld Palm OS Users:
1. Go to the home screen of your handheld device.
2. Tap on "Prefs".
3. If you do not see "Buttons" in the top right corner, tap on the top right corner and select "Buttons".
4. Decide which button you would like to assign to Epocrates (e.g. "Memo Pad" or "To Do List") - tap on the triangle symbol next to the name of that button and select "Epocrates" from the list of applications.
5. Now, when you click on that button, it will launch your Epocrates application.
- Look up class information on a drug on the drug monologue. How?
Mobile Software Users:
1. Within the Rx tab, select any drug.
2. Tap on the triangle symbol in the lower left corner to display the monograph menu.
3. Select "Other Info".
4. Scroll down to view "Class".
Note: To view all drugs in a class, return to the alphabetical drug list and tap on "By Class". Then drill down to a group of drugs.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How do I add Epocrates MedTools?
If you are a Palm or Pocket PC user synching to a Windows machine, there are two ways to add Epocrates MedTools to your device.
1. The first way is to go to www.epocrates.com and click on the link entitled Epocrates MedTools. This will take you to a page where you can download the MedTools to your desktop, then click on them to add them to your mobile device with your next HotSync.
2. You can also go to the My Account portion of the site, then, do the following:
- Click the first Edit button next to My Personal Information.
- Scroll to the bottom area of the page. You will see a list of available MedTools.
- Place a check in the box next to each MedTool you wish to add, or uncheck the MedTools you wish to remove.
- When you sync again, you will receive the MedTools on your handheld.
NOTE: Mac users, please note that you must use the download Epocrates MedTools option from the home page to receive MedTools at this time. You must have Epocrates RxPro or Essentials on your mobile device in order to receive the MedTools.
2. How do I reinstall the AvantGo software?
NOTE: To reinstall the AvantGo software, we recommend you disable any anti-virus or hack programs on your PC.
1. Log in to your AvantGo account on our Web site at http://my.avantgo.com.
2. On the right side of the page, click on Software Download.
3. Follow the instructions for downloading and installing the appropriate AvantGo client.
This will reinstall our software and configure it to your original AvantGo account.